I get many questions about the blogging tools and resources that I use for my blogs.
I put together this list of recommended blogging resources that I personally use and trust over the years.
Blog Platform and Web Hosting
I highly recommend the self hosted WordPress.org. It’s the CMS (content management system) that most bloggers use. There are tons of resources available for learning, adding functionality, beautiful themes and much more.
Although there are many web hosts available, I highly recommend SiteGround for hosting. I have been with several different webhosts over the years and thankful that I found this one.
- SiteGround – With innovative SuperCacher technology, you’ll be happy with fast speed, 24/7 support and one-click WordPress installation. Plus you can get up to 60% off!
Learn more about setting up your SiteGround blog.
WordPress Design Themes
There are plenty of free WordPress themes to choose from. BUT … I find those difficult to work with and usually not updated on a regular basis. I’ve used StudioPress themes for years and love them!
- StudioPress Genesis WordPress themes – Uses the Genesis framework, and Industry Standard Design Framework that makes WordPress easier to customize and use.
- ElegantThemes – Uses a Visual Drag & Drop to make WordPress easier. You can Download 87 beautiful WordPress Themes for the price of one, including Divi, the ultimate theme and visual page builder. Take Divi for a free test drive today.
- Thrive Themes – These are conversion focused WordPress themes. Thrive Themes are built for speed, readability and clarity.
Learn more about Genesis Framework for WordPress.
Graphic Design Tools
I use all online tools for images. Even if there is a membership fee, the cost is much less and it’s more convenient than a computer-based graphics program. Here are the graphic design tools I use.
- Canva – an online graphic design tool with amazing templates to help even the creatively challenged person create amazing images for your blog and social media channels.
- PicMonkey – Love this graphics tool for creating imagery in blogs and social media. Lots of great tools to enhance your images and templates too!
Learn more about my Top Reasons to get a PicMonkey Membership.
Email Marketing Tools
I use a combination of various tools for email marketing.
- AWeber – Started with AWeber and still use it for the majority of my email subscriptions.
- ConvertKit – Recently started using ConvertKit. It was created by bloggers for bloggers. I am loving it!
- OptinMonster – Best lead-generation plugin for WordPress that allows you to create and integrate highly effective email signup forms on your website. It works with most popular email marketing tools.
- ClickFunnels – Powerful sales funnels tool to create landing pages.
Blogging and Online Marketing Affiliate Programs
Amazing resources and tools to learn about online marketing and to blog with purpose.
- ClickFunnels Affiliate Bootcamp – Learn step-by-step how to be a successful ClickFunnels affiliate with this 100-day affiliate bootcamp.
- Ultimate Bundles – Provides training to affiliates to help you get the most from your sales. And the bundles, in several niches, sell like crazy!
- Secrets of Closing the Sale – Join as an affiliate now in time for the launch of this exclusive mastermind class. This exclusive digital product from Zig Ziglar and Kevin Harrington is for anyone who wants to make sales. This is the perfect tool for your tribe and audience! If you are passionate about helping others succeed, partner with us NOW as an affiliate during this pre-launch stage!